SUGGESTED ‘BUDGET’ HOTELS
SUGGESTED ‘BUDGET’ HOTELS
Note: The MotorSkillLearning Live Conference is not affiliated with these hotels in any way - they have simply been put together on this list for attendees that are wanting to save a little on accommodation while attending the event.
- Jugendherberge Basel: Modern comfort in a historic building. The award-winning Basel Youth Hostel brings innovative architectural design to the romantic St. Alban stream. From single rooms through to 6-person dormitories, there are 234 beds available all in all. In addition to a variety of lunches and evening meals, an idyllic terrace and indoor bicycle parking, there is also free Wi-Fi.
Fantastic location, right next to the river Rhine that runs through the city and very centrally located.
- Hyve Hostel Basel: Meet and sleep, work and eat! In hostel Hyve, you will meet passionate people, stay in a fantastic location, and benefit from an inspiring atmosphere. Choose from affordable dormitory rooms, single and family rooms, maintained hotel rooms and spacious apartments. The Hyve is also a workplace and offers space for innovation and entrepreneurship. It is a temporary home for digital natives, developers, world changers, and anyone who wants to become any of these.
- BaselBackPack: Basel's oldest backpacker hostel and guesthouse are located just ten minutes away from the SBB railway station, in the heart of the city of architecture, museums, art, culture, and exhibitions. It offers great-value beds in dormitories, affordable family rooms, and comfortable double rooms.
- Apaliving – Das Budgethotel: The 1-star Budgethotel Apaliving is located in the popular Gundeldingen district with a wealth of shops and restaurants nearby. The picturesque old town, Exhibition Centre (Messe) and St. Jakob Park are just a short tram ride away. The hotel boasts 180 standard and comfort-class rooms and is excellent value for money, offering everything you need for a hassle-free stay in Basel. All rooms feature an en suite bathroom with a shower, a TV, Wi-Fi, a kettle and refrigerator. In the basement, there is a utility room with an iron and ironing board that can be used free of charge. Guests arriving by car can enjoy a discounted rate at the Gundeli-Park multi-story car park.
- IBIS Budget: Book your room at the ibis budget Basel City at a preferential price. The modern, bright and air-conditioned rooms have free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, and extremely comfortable beds. Thanks to its central location just a few minutes' walk from the SBB railway station, many attractions as well as St. Jakob Park and Messe Basel exhibition center are easily accessible on foot or by public transport.
Every visitor who stays overnight in the canton of Basel-Stadt receives one BaselCard per person per night in return for paying city tax. The BaselCard is issued at check-in. The attractive features of the BaselCard include free use of public transport, free surfing on the guest WiFi plus a 50% discount on admission to Basel’s museums, Basel Zoo, Theater Basel and much more.
- Aparthotel Adagio access Saint-Louis Bâle
92 Avenue de Bale 68300 SAINT LOUIS. Very close to the conference location.
- Chambres d’Hôtes La Grange Bleue, Leymen: In the village of Leymen, right on the Swiss border, five lovingly furnished rooms in a converted barn welcome guests. All rooms have their own bathroom with a shower. In addition, guests can use the large dining area with its blue-tiled stove and a spacious loft with its own library.
It is a cute village in the countryside, a great start for any biking or wine tour in the French state of Alsace, but it is 30+ minutes away from the conference location with public transport.